I’m pro carbs and anti pants
I didn’t do it mama!!!
HE THOUGHT HIS LIL FRIEND GOT BAKED INTO A COOKIE I AM 100% DONE AWHH
hand writing at the start of an exam
hand writing at the end of an exam
Anonymous said: What are the "system roles"? I keep seeing people with DID talk about the different roles of the system but I never know what they mean. I mean protector is obvious, but gatekeeper, ect, I don't know. Sorry if this is bothering you! I'm just curious
hello anon :3
okay there’s a load of different roles and it’s important to remember that my perception of the roles may not apply to everyone!
even with protectors there are different types and some people have other meanings compared to me, so i’ll go over them too :)
so with protectors we have
- physical protectors - they tend to help solve arguments and such and can be ready to use physical action if/when necessary. they can put themselves in harm’s way to protect the people they care for (the body/host included).
- emotional protectors - personally i view an emotional protector as someone who can emotionally distance themselves and take the insults and criticism etc. they can be quick-witted and come out with come backs to etc rather than allowing others in the system or themselves to be upset about something. on the other hand, i know some people who see an emotional protector as a protector who can be very emotional.
- sexual protectors - i’ve always seen a sexual protector as someone who protects everyone from unwanted sexual experiences so no one else has to go through it. others i know view them as a protector who enjoys sexual activities and comes out for those things when others arent able to.
there are other types too but those are the common ones. we also have what we call social protectors too who socialise in situations some of us dont feel comfortable. protectors can also be purely internal and make sure everyone is safe on the inside world.
okay let’s go into the other things aside from protectors.
- gatekeeper - usually the gatekeeper is the one who has the most control over who comes out when. so they make sure the right person is out for the right situations and can make sure that everyone gets their share of time out here. they can be the ones who know the most about the system but not always.
- persecutor - these are the ones seen as “bad” in most systems. they tend to use actions or words to cause harm, they can be quite destructive to the body or certain people in the system or just in general by trying to drive people away. unfortunately there’s a very good reason these people are the way they are, they dont do it just because, they do it because they feel it’s necessary because of how they were created. it’s even possible for a persecutor to be a protector at the same time and persecutors can actually make the best protectors sometimes.
- introject - these are system members based off outside influences. they can be based on real people (aka factives) or they can be based on fictional characters (aka fictives). some introjects can be internalised versions of an abuser, some may have the personality traits of someone but not the looks (and vice-versa) or a load of other things.
- fragment - usually more 2-dimensional or less active alters. most of them have one specific task or emotion or memory rather than being a more rounded person. systems can be made up entirely of fragments, or have some fragments and some have none at all.
- internal self helper - generally they know the most about the system out of anyone else, they’re very organised and keep things running as best as they can. a lot of them don’t come out often because they’re so busy inside and dont have time to be out.
- secret keeper - they tend to keep certain things from the system. this can be done in either a protective or persecutory way depending on the intent.
- memory holder - as the title says, they hold memories. they can hold memories of all the trauma, or even all the non-traumatic memories, or just some memories or maybe even just one. they can either keep them so the system doesnt have to or just as a way of storage.
- littles/middles/teens - people who are of certain ages. it depends on personal ideas of what age someone becomes any of those. for me a little is 0-8, a middle/tween is 9-12 and a teen is 13-19.
- non-humans - simple put, they arent human in one way or another. this can be for many reasons and any different species or creature can be represented. it doesnt have to be something that exists on this planet, maybe just something from a book or a movie or something you’ve heard about.
- inanimate alters - these are objects that serve a purpose in some way. a wall could be strong and stop certain things knocking them down, a tree could provide shelter and so on.
one or more roles could apply to different people in a system, maybe no roles will apply or someone may wish to not apply any roles to anyone in their system. it’s all a matter of personal preference and personal interpretation of the roles.
i hope this helps a bit! and as i said at the beginning, please remember these are just my views on things ^^
Queueing when everyone is too lazy to stand up.
dont u hate it when its nine in the afternoon but ur eyes are just normal sized
I’ve seen this post three times on my dash and i still cant fucking figure out what it means is it like some secret code. are 22,000+ of you in a secret society????? what the fuck is going on?????
some of my favorite tags:
some more gems:
this post just gets better and better
Page 1 of 72